Bank Indonesia was founded on 1 July 1953 from the nationalization of De Javasche Bank (Bank of Java), a Dutch bank dating from colonial times which regulated and issued the Netherlands Indies gulden. For the next 15 years, the Bank of Indonesia carried on commercial activities as well as acting as the nation’s bank.
This came to an end with the Law No.13/1968 on the Central Bank, which was subsequently replaced by Law No.23/1999, giving the bank independence. Thereafter, the bank reported to the parliament (People's Representative Council) instead of the president, and the bank’s governor was no longer a member of the cabinet.
Bank Indonesia are now seeking to recruit high caliber and dynamic Indonesian young people for the following challenging positions as :
Seleksi Penerimaan Calon Pegawai Setingkat Pegawai Tata Usaha
- Male or Female, Indonesian citizen (WNI);
- Minimum Bachelor Degree (S1), with min GPA 3.00 both for S1 and S2, preferably majoring in
- Engineering (Industrial, Informatics / Computer)
- MIPA (Mathematics, Statistics)
- Maximum age as of 1 June 2013:
- 28 years old for S1
- 32 years old for S2
- Proficiency in English, demonstrated by a certificate ITP TOEFL score of at least 500, or a minimum IELTS 5.5 and still valid until 1 June 2013. For those who do not have a certificate, must follow the English proficiency test organized by Bank Indonesia;
- Does not have a family relationship (sibling / husband / wife) who works as an employee or prospective employee in Bank Indonesia;
- Willing to undergo a bond and a bond or or willing to release the bond department of another institution;
- Willing to not pregnant during their educational program;
- Willing to be placed in all offices of Bank Indonesia.